Sunday, July 18, 2010

My Sunny Weekend

This weekend I decided to take a break from my current projects for an afternoon to sit in the sun and paint purely for fun and the sake of painting.  It was great, except for the sunburn I got but at least we finally had weather worthy of a sunburn!

The object I ended up painting was my patio door stopper (of all things to paint, I know, lol), just a big heavy rock I found by our recycling shed.  I loved it the way it was but felt it wouldn't hurt to add a wee bit more character and colour to it! Plus, I haven't painted a rock in years, I felt like a kid again! :)

Here's a shot of the fruits of my Saturday afternoon labours:


Pretty simple and straight forward but I love it! :) The writing on the sides states a couple of my favourite quotes:

"Earth Laughs in Flowers" - Ralph Waldo Emerson
"I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers" - Claude Monet

Between working full time this week, trying to finish multiple paintings, re-branding considerations and trying take and post new photos to blog with, I have had no time to really connect with my new creative community.  I've been quite absent from the online/twitter/fb world for the most part. Hopefully you are all still out there somewhere creating like crazy! I'll be checking in with you guys tomorrow, I can't wait to see what everyone's been up to!

Well, that's it for another weekend! Hope your weekend was as good and relaxing as mine was! Back to the grind tomorrow! :) Good night everyone!

8 comments:

  1. I think that was the perfect piece to paint. It's your "welcome" mat for your home. I love the way it bursts with color and the text is the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty. I love painting on rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much guys! I really enjoyed this little project! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work! Love the quotes you added. Thanks so much for your sweet visit! Blessings to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are still here friend! The door stop is incredible. I remember coming across a book at a local craft store on painting rocks and bought it for a friend-this of course was during my denial of my own creative urgings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I never thought about putting mandalas together with such darling images! This blog hop is awsome because of people like you.
    Thank you for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Laura P.
    laurapallatin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you x 10! Your comments make my day! :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails