Monday, October 22, 2012

A New Fiery Orange Mandala! :)

I spent another day home sick with yet another cold today...I'm sooo tired of the sniffling and sneezing, but 'tis the season ;) On the bright side, it has given me the time this afternoon to just relax, put on a movie and create a new mandala :) It worked like a charm to take my mind off things ;)

Below are a few process pics...

I started out with a wood panel soaked with water, then I added acrylic inks and alcohol and let them spread naturally where they may...

Above is the final background, almost ready to be painted on :)

After it was dry, I started to freehand the mandala design...

Below is the finished mandala... all that's left to do is paint the sides and it'll be ready to hang! :)

Mixed Media on Wood
10"x10"x1"
©WhiteVioletArt2012

I hope you like! I'm off to find some more DayQuil to choke back and possibly order some takeout ;) I hope this evening finds you warm and healthy! :)

Good night and Happy Creating as always! :)

9 comments:

  1. I like this very much! I mostly work with watercolors, but want to try different mediums. But I want something liquid. What would you suggest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia! Thank you so much! :) As far as switching mediums, I recommend acrylic inks...I've used fluid acrylics as well but they are much thicker and I usually end up creating washes with them. If you're used to working with watercolours, inks would be the most similar...I love them for the vibrant colour! ;) I use the FW inks from Daler Rowney...hope that helps! :) Thanks for popping by! :)

      Delete
  2. i love the result and the color just pop! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! :) :) they're my favourite colours to work with too ;)

      Delete
  3. Hi Cindy, nice to meet you! Happy to discover another mandala artist. I resonate with those tones and use them in my mandalas too, although in a totally different process. Beautiful mandala. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marjory! I'm happy to have discovered you as well! Thanks so much and thank you for popping by! :)

      Delete
  4. This is fascinating. Just discovered you and am loving it all. When you use canvas, what do you do to prepare it? Do you use a Golden ground? Dying to try some of this, but not sure how to start.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails